- Manager, Building Engineer »
- Maintenance Tech/Facilities Specialist »
- General Maintenance Mechanic »
- MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR »
- Associate Director of Facilities Services »
Antimicrobial Carpeting - Foss Manufacturing - Facility Management Product Release
Foss Manufacturing uses Fosshield antimicrobial fiber technology to inhibit the growth of destructive and odor-causing bacteria, mold, mildew and fungus. The bi-component polyester fiber can be woven into carpeting and incorporates a silver- and copper-based inorganic antimicrobial additive into the outer layer of the fiber.
The fibers are woven into the carpeting, so they will not wear or wash off with extended use.
The system uses two of nature’s own antimicrobial solutions as its active ingredients: The combination of silver and copper ions in combination has achieved reduction rates of greater than 99.99 percent against a broad range of undesirable bacteria, fungi, mold, and yeast. This EPA-approved antimicrobial is chemical-free, non-toxic, safe for prolonged contact with human cells, non-leaching, environmentally safe, and does not contribute to the growing concern of antibacterial resistance.
Fosshield can be blended with a variety of other fibers, ranging from cotton to rayon, polypropylene to nylon.
- Carpet Installation Procedures: Best Practices To Follow
- Carpet Quality Matters: Ways to Evaluate Carpet Quality
- Choosing The Best Carpet Patterns
- Green Flooring: Consider Cork and Linoleum
- How Do You Clean Cork Floors?
- Key Components of a Flooring Maintenance Program
- Olefin Carpet Applications
- Tips For Applying Concrete Floor Coatings
- Understanding The Life Cycle Cost Of A VCT Floor
- Wood Floor Care Tips
- Durability, Safety, Aesthetics Should Top Flooring Selection Criteria
- 4 Ways Flooring Taps into a Facility's Full Potential
- The Facilities Manager's Role in Flooring Projects
- Acoustically Sound Classrooms
- Avoiding Adhesion Mishaps in Flooring
- Avoiding Pitfalls In LEED Certification For Interiors