Metal Wall Panels Provide Design Accents for Campus Dining Hall
July 30, 2012 - Windows & Exterior Walls
At Georgia State University in Atlanta, the Piedmont North dining hall provides “fine food in a fun atmosphere,” according to Lenore Musick, food services manager. The 325-seat dining hall has a 9,000-square-foot addition linked to a mid-rise residence hall and also provides space for activities and special events.
Approximately 1,500 square feet of Petersen’s horizontal wall panels were utilized as an important design element on the addition. The 16-inch concealed fastener panels were finished in PAC-CLAD Kynar 500 Sandstone finish color. The metal panels were selected for their durability and low maintenance. The horizontal wall panels also offered a low-level visual counterpoint to the vertical structure behind the dining hall addition. The Petersen panels interface with painted fiber cement board and translucent glass.
Petersen’s horizontal wall panels are available in two profiles—concealed fastener flange and a concealed clip version for longer lengths—and are designed to provide superior wind-uplift resistance and outstanding aesthetics for wall and siding applications. The panels are available in 12- and 16-inch widths, in PAC-CLAD Kynar 500 finish in 38 standard colors.
In May 2008, Dallas approved a $1.35 billion bond program to reshape the school district through the completion of 61 separate projects. It has replaced several dated facilities and repurposed numerous others with the latest technologies and sustainable features.
Constructed in the fall of 2010, Assured Self Storage of Duncanville, Texas, consists of 10 single-story buildings housed on roughly five acres of property, with each building containing multiple storage units ranging in size from 2,400 to 10,000 square feet.
The U.S. Postal Service’s Morgan Processing and Distribution Center in New York City was built in 1933, and the 2.2 million-square-foot facility’s roof was originally constructed to serve as an additional mail processing location. As the city began to focus on and evaluate stormwater management, the building underwent a routine roof replacement review in 2007.