- Mechanic, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Plumber, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Director of Facilities - SFPL »
- Groundskeeper »
- Space Management Specialist »
Association for Facilities Engineering - Resource for Facility Managers
Association for Facilities Engineering
8200 Greensboro Drive, Suite 400
McLean, VA 22102
Certification and Education: Gabriella Rodriguez; 571-395-8772
The Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE) offers the following certifications:
- Certified Plant Engineer (CPE)
- Certified Professional Maintenance Manager (CPMM)
- Certified Professional Supervisor (CPS)
- Certified Professional Supervisor (CPS) en Espanol
In addition to these certifications, AFE offers members numerous educational opportunities in a variety of formats. Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits include enrolling in AFE's Webinars or those approved by AFE, participating in local chapter events, providing leadership for a chapter or region, or speaking at a conference or event.
AFE's annual national meeting and show offer a comprehensive conference program focused on the latest products, technologies, best practices, and services that professionals in the built environment need to do their jobs well. Here is the 2019 Calendar.
Webinars & AFE Special Webinars
AFE's provides virtual interactive seminars provide a one-stop educational resource for industry professionals. Classes are a minimum of 60 minutes in length and are taught by an experienced representative from the field. In addition, each course equates to 0.1 CEU or recertification credit for individuals currently holding AFE credentialing (CPE, CPMM, or CPS). Maximum class size for all seminars is 60. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and is $29 for non-members. System Requirements include access to a PC, Internet, and phone.
Here are topics of recent seminars:
- 10 Tips to Building a Better Maintenance Team
- AFCI (arc-fault circuit interrupter) and GFCI (ground-fault circuit interrupter) protection for electrical circuits and for human beings respectively
- Achieve Predictive Maintenance Results with Vibrations