- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- Facility Manager, Nome Alaska »
- Maintenance Assistant (Atlanta, GA) »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
- Engineer - Costa Mesa, CA »
YORK Sun Choice 15-27.5-ton Rooftop Units
The newly released YORK® Sun™ Choice rooftop units from Johnson Controls deliver value from project start to finish. The 15-27.5 ton units exceed Department of Energy (DOE) 2018 guidelines by up to 25% and already surpass future DOE 2023 part-load standards by almost 10% to reduced energy consumption and operating costs. A lightweight design and direct replacement footprint offers ease of installation for both new product and retrofit applications to reduce up-front costs.
“Standard-efficiency does not translate to standard performance with YORK,” said, Steve Maddox, vice president commercial engineering, commercial ducted systems, Johnson Controls. “The YORK Sun Choice rooftop units feature IntelliSpeed, an optional four stage fan control model that can deliver up to 15% higher IEER ratings than some competitive ‘high-efficiency’ units. This advancement not only provides optimal occupant comfort, it translates into lower operating costs over the lifetime of the unit.”
A thoughtful design includes independent circuits to help avoid full unit shutdowns and a lead-lag compensator for exceptional reliability. Single-side access to all serviceable items provide ease of service that is further simplified with the support of the new Johnson Controls Commercial Application Support organization that provides expert technical and field support for every aspect of ownership – including installation, replacement and service.
Additional features include:
- Multiple airflow strategies – including constant-volume (CV), IntelliSpeed multi-speed fan control, variable air volume (VAV), and Continuous Reset Single Zone (CRSZ) control to offer flexibility to meet the demands of diverse applications.
- A broad range of outdoor air options including both factory and field installed versions of low-leak damper economizers, constant volume powered exhaust, and modulating powered exhaust.
- A wide range of gas heat options including full modulating gas heat with a 2.85 to 1 turndown ratio and 1% incremental change of heating capacity.
- Smart Equipment enablement with a prepackaged control platform that maximizes control and efficiency while extending equipment life and reducing operating costs. Units seamlessly integrate with leading building controls systems, including Verasys®.An optional Mobile Access Portal (MAP) gateway with Wi-Fi® hotspot provides access to commissioning, configuration and maintenance logs using a mobile smart device.
“The launch of YORK Sun Choice is a part of our greater commitment to the rooftop market,” said Alexander Graf, executive director of sales, YORK independent distribution, Johnson Controls. “Our team has reimagined rooftop unit performance and dependability. Their innovations are not forced by regulations but instead developed out of a genuine passion for exceeding building performance standards and delighting our customers. It’s a truly exciting time to be in this industry.”
Choice 15-27.5 rooftop units designed, engineered and assembled in the state-of-the-art Johnson Controls Rooftop Center for Excellence in Norman, Oklahoma. Units are supported with factory-backed warranties including a standard 1-year parts warranty, 5-year compressor and electric heat limited warranties, 10-year aluminized heat exchanger limited warranty and a 15-year stainless steel heat exchanger limited warranty.
For more information, visit YORK.com/sunchoice.