- Engineer - Costa Mesa, CA »
- Senior Project Manager (Electrical & Tech) »
- Maintenance Assistant (Atlanta, GA) »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
The Energy Conservatory: 4 Factors Building Testers Need to Know about Measurement and Calibration
Aug. 24, 2015 — The Energy Conservatory (TEC) recently posted an article covering four factors every building tester needs to know about measuring and calibrating digital pressure gauges.
These factors help energy raters understand whether their instruments are gaining precise and trustworthy energy readings:
• The real world is different than the laboratory world.
• Accuracy is a range of acceptable values.
• Factory calibration is different from a field calibration check.
• Accuracy of the instrument is based on each individual value compared to the standard, not an average of individual accuracy values.
TEC explains these factors in detail in its blog post, which can be read here.