- Building Technician »
- Groundskeeper »
- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- HVAC Leadperson - 999921 »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
Schneider Electric Announces Availability of Prefabricated Data Centers up to 2MW
Factory assembled IT, power, and cooling modules enable rapid deployment and provide enhanced flexibility for data center growth
WEST KINGSTON, R.I. – Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, sets a new standard in prefabricated data centers with the introduction of 15 prefabricated data center modules and 14 new prefabricated Data Center Reference Designs. The reference designs detail complete data centers scalable in 250kW to 2MW increments and meet Uptime Tier II and Tier III standards. The new prefabricated modules deliver IT, power, and/or cooling integrated with best-in-class data center infrastructure components and StruxureWare™ Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software for an easy-to-deploy, predictable data center. Prefabricated modules range in capacities from 90kW to 1.2MW and are customizable to meet end user requirements.
“Today’s business environment demands data centers that are increasingly more flexible and scalable with an emphasis on deployment speed,” said Kevin Brown, vice president, Data Center Global Offer and Strategy, Schneider Electric. “Prefabricated data centers enable data center managers to maximize the speed of business through rapid installation, easy expansion and improved cash management. This prefabricated approach inherently increases the predictability of the build process, since most of the construction occurs in a factory instead of in the field.”
As flexible capacity becomes critical to data center operations, modular expansion is becoming a compelling option for data center and facilities managers. With Schneider Electric’s announcement of the industry’s first complete library of prefabricated data center reference designs, data center managers looking to optimize deployment speed, performance, reliability and cost have a pre-engineered starting point to realize significant improvements in:
· Speed of Deployment – Prefabricated modules are delivered on-site preconfigured and pretested for an easy installation with a lead time of 12-16 weeks, depending on the level of project complexity. Site preparation and module production can be completed concurrently, resulting in minimized on-site construction and deployment time.
· Flexibility and Scalability – Various module options and configurations enable the infrastructure to be deployed and scaled as needed to meet demand. Capital spending reductions result from eliminating complicated new construction or expensive building retrofits.
· Predictability – Prefabrication and factory testing reduces human error and on-site construction risks while improving compliance, safety, and efficiency. Design and manufacturing are closely coupled to greatly minimize uncertainty, which results in more predictable performance of the data center infrastructure.
Schneider Electric offers a global portfolio and supply chain as well as regional custom engineering capability to meet customer specifications. With a wide range of prefabricated data center reference designs and module configurations, detailed technical documentation, and regional support teams, Schneider Electric is uniquely positioned to satisfy a comprehensive set of business requirements and simplify the data center.
Products are available for immediate ordering in North America. Prices vary based on specific design and customization. For more information on Schneider Electric’s modular solutions please visit: http://www.apc.com/site/products/index.cfm/largecorp/us/.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centers & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company's 140,000 plus employees achieved sales of 30.8 billion US dollars (24 billion euros) in 2012, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.