Facilities Salaries and Compensation
Salary benchmarks for 34 facilities management job titles.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
SIMA: Group Releases Snow and Ice Management Standard Glossary of Terms
Sept. 15, 2015 — The Snow & Ice Management Association (SIMA) recently released the Snow & Ice Management Standard Glossary of Terms. The free glossary consists of over 120 key terms used in the procuring, selling, planning, implementing, and legal defense of professional snow and ice management services in North America.
“The glossary project began after advanced discussions with facility management professionals and snow contractors during the SIMA Think Tank event in September 2014, when it became clear that both parties needed more tools for RFPs and contracts," said Brian Birch, SIMA's COO. “The glossary strives to create common ground with industry-wide consistency in key terms tied to snow contracts, snow service, and RFPs. We hope this leads to more clarity in service expectations and quality communication between insurance providers, facilities management professionals, and snow contractors."
As a non-profit trade association, SIMA values creating standards that are easily accessed, adopted, and shared, and managed and improved over time. The glossary was created with the following in mind:
• Open access: The glossary is available to all industry stakeholders, regardless of whether they are members of the SIMA.
• Comprehensive: Terms were reviewed by more than 25 industry stakeholders and experts in facilities management, snow management, and insurance.
• Education: SIMA is spearheading training to help all parties adopt the critical terms that shape the challenges in the industry.
• Transparency and quality: The glossary is governed transparently with policy guidelines, and any stakeholder can recommend edits, additions, or deletions at any time.
SIMA will consistently monitor and update the glossary as a working body of knowledge, as further feedback will consistently refine and improve the terms. The next phase of the project includes delivery improvements, with plans for an integrated Web resource that enables people to find the terms they need, link to other related terms, and get access to more critical information on key items.