You Might Like
- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- Plumber, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Director of Facilities, Quinault Beach Resort »
- Director of Facilities - SFPL »
Product Release: Siemens Facility Prime iPad Application
BUFFALO GROVE, Ill. - Siemens Building Technologies Division announced today the launch of its Facility Prime™ native Apple iOS application for the APOGEE® Building Automation System (BAS). Through customized screens, Facility Prime enables fast, convenient, mobile interaction with a multitude of facility conditions.
Facility Prime goes beyond accessing data and provides two-way interaction between users and the building automation systems they manage. Siemens’ versatile application connects users to APOGEE BAS control and monitoring functions via wireless network connectivity. The application directly interacts with BACnet/IP and Siemens APOGEE P2 field panels.
Users can develop their own customized interface graphics using Facility Prime Editor or, if desired, have their local Siemens representative create a dynamic interface to suit their facility management needs. After accessing the network, users can view environmental conditions via this custom-tailored interface. Users can also connect to their facility’s BAS via the enterprise’s virtual private network if available. After proper access credentials are authenticated, users can command points and equipment. Commands made from Facility Prime are logged in the APOGEE Insight System Activity Log.
Facility Prime delivers a variety of convenient, but powerful facility systems management features to the dynamic iPad platform including:
• The “Graphics” view, which allows Facility Prime users to monitor in real-time building environmental conditions and HVAC equipment;
• A “Report” function that captures current conditions and either saves the GUI image as a file or embeds it in an email;
• A patent-pending “Scan” function which opens a scanning feature employing Quick Response (QR) barcodes to trigger actions such as navigating to graphics;
• A “List” view providing a quick, non-graphical status check of important data points with Green / Red color bar status;
• A “Charts” function that provides key static or dynamic graphs for analysis of facility data, and
• A “Tools” view providing Editor function users the ability to browse and command selected facility data objects.
Facility Prime becomes available in February. For more information contact your local Siemens Building Technologies representative or visit: www.usa.siemens.com/facilityprime
# # #
Siemens Infrastructure & Cities Sector, with approximately 87,000 employees worldwide, offers sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offerings include complete traffic and transportation systems, intelligent logistics, efficient energy supply, environmentally compatible building technologies, modernization of the way power is transmitted and distributed, and smart consumption of electricity. The sector is comprised of the Rail Systems, Mobility and Logistics, Low and Medium Voltage, Smart Grid and Building Technologies Divisions as well as Osram Sylvania. For more information, visit www.usa.siemens.com/infrastructure-cities
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world’s market leader for safe and energy efficient buildings (“green buildings”) and infrastructures. As a service provider, system integrator and product vendor, Building Technologies has offerings for building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), fire protection and security. For more information, visit http://www.usa.siemens.com/buildingtechnologies
Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff » posted on: 2/21/2012