- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- Space Management Specialist »
- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- Director of Facilities - SFPL »
New Plugmold MultiOutlet Systems Offer Enhanced USB Charging
West Hartford, Conn. — Nov. 19, 2014 – Legrand has expanded its line of Plugmold Multioutlet Systems to offer more USB charging capability.
New units include all-USB options, a unit with alternating USB ports and power receptacles, and one with a single dual USB module and receptacles.
These Plugmold Multioutlet Systems meet the growing demand for device charging in airport departure areas, waiting rooms, homes, and even bars — anywhere people need to charge mobile devices.
All feature dual-port charging modules that share 2.4 amps of charging capacity and can charge multiple phones, tablets, or other mobile devices at the same time.
Other features of the new units:
• All-USB Plugmold Multioutlet Systems provide maximum charging capacity. These easy-to-install units are available in 3-foot and 5-foot lengths with three or five dual USB ports.
• Alternating USB charging modules and power receptacles provide flexibility for direct USB charging, AC adapters, and plug-in appliances. Tamper-resistant receptacles prevent the insertion of foreign objects into receptacles, reducing the risk of shock or electrocution. These units are available in 5-foot lengths only.
• Single USB module and receptacles accommodate bulky AC adapters. Tamper-resistant receptacles provide safety for multi-user facilities, residential living spaces, and kitchens. These units are available in 3-, 5-, and 6-foot lengths.
Designed to mount easily on walls, the low-profile design is convenient to use and aesthetically pleasing.
All new Plugmold units are offered in a variety of colors and finishes, including black, ivory, white, and gray, as well as anodized aluminum and stainless steel.
Units with tamper-resistant receptacles meet 2014 NEC section 406 requirements.