Facilities Salaries and Compensation
Salary benchmarks for 34 facilities management job titles.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
IoT Security Cameras and Facility Safety
Security and Safety Things GmbH (SAST) announced their vision for a revolutionary IoT platform in the security camera segment. SAST is currently building a global ecosystem for the development of innovative security camera applications. Although the open and secure IoT platform is initially for the security camera industry, the platform will be extended to support additional IoT domains in the future. The platform will be launched in mid-2019.
“SAST introduces a new standard for the development of innovative business applications in the security and safety segment. SAST is creating a free operating system and a secure and scalable global marketplace to deploy and manage software solutions. SAST is closely cooperating with the recently announced Open Security and Safety Alliance to ensure an innovative and compatible platform for its members,” said Hartmut Schaper, CEO of SAST.
Global platform for the next generation of security cameras
The founding of SAST is in direct response to current innovative trends for IP security cameras. Increasing internet connectivity and computing power at the edge is fostering the rise of edge-based video analytics.
Within this global market, SAST anticipates specialized software applications to emerge as a significant growth segment during the next five years.
A specific growth driver for these software applications are next-generation microprocessors, including so-called neuron chip sets.
Benefits include among others:
- High-value analytics applications
- Artificial Intelligence unlocking new security camera functionality, e.g. facial recognition
- Possibility to install apps via updates or new app uploads, without changing the camera
Industry-first open IoT platform for camera apps in security and beyond SAST will provide a unique B2B-software ecosystem within the security camera market. The SAST-related App Store will allow developers to build applications on an open software standard, and to market them via the SAST App Store, similar to today’s app stores for smartphone applications. Focus applications currently include:
- Building security. Vertical specific applications for airports (e.g. face recognition, perimeter control) and retail (e.g. queue management, flow analysis) based on Artificial Intelligence
- Applications beyond security, such as business intelligence and lifecycle monitoring (e.g. predictive maintenance and condition monitoring)