Fire Suppression and Detection Line Targets Safety
Johnson Controls will unveil a new lineup of fire detection and suppression products at the 2018 NFPA Expo, June 11-13 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center (booth 1507) in Las Vegas.
These solutions offer efficiency and effectiveness to help keep people and environments safe and protected. Products featured at the expo include:
- Autocall fire detection systems feature some of the latest and most advanced technology available today. With a full range of control panels and the industry’s latest addressable technology, Autocall systems are flexible enough to meet the unique challenges of nearly any project.
- Simplex ES Net IP-Based Life Safety Network greatly increases the speed and ease at which fire detection and life safety systems communicate and operate. Harnessing the power of IP technology, it offers data rates up to 100MB per second and a range of network connection choices including ethernet, DSL and fiber.
- Detect360 Area of Refuge Communications System provides a reliable and effective code-compliant solution that enables occupants to remain safe and stay informed while delivering information rescuers need to get occupants evacuated quickly.
- ANSUL Acoustic Nozzle, in combination with the INERGEN clean-agent fire suppression system, is designed for use in server rooms and data centers where sound levels may affect sensitive hard disk drives. The ANSUL Acoustic Nozzle recently received UL Verification for sound performance.
- UL will present a Verification award to Johnson Controls at 1:30 p.m. on June 12 at the UL booth #1531. UL and Johnson Controls representatives will be available for interviews following the ceremony.
- GRINNELL G-Fire One-Bolt Coupling is a pre-assembled, push-on coupling that has a revolutionary single-bolt design. It makes joining grooved pipe faster and eliminates alternate tightening – helping contractors perform quicker, more consistent installations. AquaMist water mist solutions reduce the amount of water required for fire suppression by producing a fine water mist designed to cool the surrounding area – limiting the spread of fire – while helping control active fires and preventing reignition.
- TYCO continues to expand the portfolio of sprinkler system options that support storage environments. The TYCO EG-25 Sprinkler Guard is the first FM-approved guard on the market. Coming soon, the TYCO ESFR-22 will join the storage product line to support a ceiling height up to 45 feet.
- ANSUL SAPPHIRE PLUS fire suppression systems with 3M Novec 1230 Fire Protection Fluid offer a safe, environmentally-friendly, clean agent that instantly vaporizes upon discharge to absorb heat, quickly suppress fires and provide complete flooding of hazard areas.
- The SPRAYSAFE Autonomous Fire Suppression System is a fully-automatic fire identification and intervention system designed to deliver rapid fire protection for the external facade of a building. The standalone system can quickly identify and accurately pinpoint the location of the fire and deliver water to that exact location within seconds. In addition, it may use the existing building fire protection infrastructure to minimize the need for additional water supplies, pipework and pumps.
“Johnson Controls is constantly developing new products and technologies for our customers in the fire protection industry,” said Bill Jackson, president, Global Products, Johnson Controls. “We are finding and testing better ways to protect environments and save lives with our innovations in fire detection and suppression systems.”
Johnson Controls fire protection experts will offer booth demonstrations of several products throughout the show, including the GRINNELL G-Fire One-Bolt Coupling and SPRAYSAFE Autonomous Fire Suppression System.