Finalists Announced in BIFM Facilities Management Awards
BIFM, the U.K. professional body for facilities management, has announced the finalists in this year’s BIFM Facilities Management Awards. The Awards, which are supported by headline sponsor Carillion, recognise and reward facilities management practices, innovation and projects from across the economy and all areas of the sector.
For 2016, the categories are grouped within the three themes of people, impact or innovation and finalists across the categories have been confirmed as:
The individuals, teams and organisations who invest in their people, who lead, are cutting edge and drive improvements.
Newcomer of the Year
• Pleun van Deurssen, Incentive FM Ltd
• Kirsty Johnston, Mitie Technical Facilities Management
• Charlotte Miller, Sodexo
• Katie Sparrow, G4S Facilities Management UK
Manager of the Year
• Suzanne Beck, Carillion Barts NHS Trust contract
• Andrea Best, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
• Bernard McPhail, Integral
• Cova Montes, Emprise Services plc
Leader of the Year
Finalists are not publically announced in this category; the winner will be announced at the ceremony.
Team of the Year
• CBRE Global Workplace Solutions and AA
• EMC: EMEA One Team Programme
• G4S FM Catering Team - London North West Healthcare NHS Trust
• National Grid and 14forty
• University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust - Integration and Partnering - The ‘My Mum Test’
Learning and Career Development
• Amey - Supporting Young People to Shape their Careers
• BT Facilities Services
• Skanska - Placing People at the Heart of Skanska
• Nationwide Window Cleaning - How Nurturing Talent Delivers Growth for NWC
Finalists are not publically announced in this category, the winner will be announced at the Awards ceremony.
Demonstrating the real tangible impact good FM brings to business, the environment and society.
• DP World London Gateway - Internal Branding of DP World London Gateway
• Gather & Gather
• Premier Technical Services Group PLC
• Sainsbury's - Brilliant Buildings
• Skanska - Improving people's lives
Impact on Customer Experience
• Amey - Promoting Consistency and Excellence in Customer Service
• Carillion - Carillion Customer Experience Centre 2016
• CIS Security - Safe, Happy, Informed and Listened To
• Crown Commercial Service
• Mitie and Vodafone - Mitie 1team and Vodafone’s Hospitality Assured programme
• Premier Technical Services Group PLC - The PTSG Way
Impact on Organisational Performance
• Kentish & Co - Revolutionising FM Performance at Johnson & Johnson
• McColl’s and Trios Group
• Morrisons – Morri-Maintenance in partnership with Verisae
• National Grid - Smart Work Space
Impact on Sustainability
• BaxterStorey - Food Waste Costing the Earth
• Skanska - We Build for a Better Society
• Supply Chain Sustainability School
• VINCI Facilities - Embedding the Triple Bottom Line of Social, Environmental and Economic Sustainability
• Emprise Services Plc - Emprise with the British Library
• Serco - Serco at Wishaw General Hospital
• South London & Maudsley NHS Trust - Lambeth Sheltered Contract
• VINCI Facilities - Reading from the Start
• Allen & Overy LLP
• AstraZeneca - Middlewood Court, Macclesfield Campus – ‘A Great Place to Work’
• Interserve and the BBC
• Ministry of Justice Commuter Hubs Powered By Matrix Booking
Recognising innovative facilities management technology, systems, products and services, and the benefits they bring from cost-savings to enhanced interaction.
Innovation on Technology and Systems
• BAM FM Ireland Ltd - Digitizing Assets & Delivering BIM2FM
• ENGIE - Robotic Process Automation
• Humanforce - Changing the Way FM Works
• Skanska - Condition Based Maintenance: A Proactive Approach in FM
New Product or Service of the Year
• Crown Commercial Service
• Durham University Housekeeping, Cleaning and General Services
• Heathrow Airport Ltd - Spot & Report – Heathrow’s Fault Reporting Smartphone Application
Speaking on the announcement of the finalists, Chair of the Judges, Steve Gladwin said: “Over the past three years in my role as Chair of judges, I have been continually delighted to see so many names and companies reflected across all categories. It shows not only the depth and breadth of FM but uncovers the activities that FM professionals deliver to bring tangible benefits to the businesses they serve.
“What’s more we pride ourselves on the robustness, independence and scrutiny of our judging process, which was recognised this year with the win at the Association Excellence Awards for best Awards programme. It demonstrates the quality of the BIFM Awards, which are very competitive, and shows that it is a true achievement to be recognised as a finalist and an ultimate accolade to be recognised as a winner in them. Therefore I extend my congratulations to all of the entrants who have made finalist status across each category.
“We all passionately believe in the value of FM and these categories are designed to bring out exemplar FM practices and showcase the value it brings to business and society.”
The winners will be announced at the BIFM Awards ceremony which takes place on 10 October at the Grosvenor House Hotel on London’s Park Lane. Over 1,200 guests are expected to attend the ceremony; which is the highlight for many on the FM calendar.
In the run-up to the ceremony BIFM will be announcing further information on the people, teams, projects and organisations that are in contention for an award in 2016. Full details will be available on www.bifmawards.org. @BIFMAwards will also be carrying updates on the finalists and the ceremony.