Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
Fieldpiece Instruments' Wireless Clamp Meters
Fieldpiece Instruments, the only company solely dedicated to creating tools and test instruments for HVACR professionals, introduces two new wireless power clamp meters that work with the Fieldpiece Job Link® System App for on-the-go testing and reporting. The SC480 and SC680 meet the rigorous demands of the HVAC professional in the field for HVACR electrical tests.
HVACR professionals are dealing with time constraints in getting their jobs completed in a suitable manner, while having the accurate measurements they need. These new clamp meters utilizing the Job Link® System offer advanced solutions for HVACR electrical tests that can be customized for the jobs they are working on. While working on-the-go, technicians must get the correct data to make informed decisions about the service they are providing in a timely manner, including measuring power in kilowatts to help determine how efficiently a system is running. With the electrical measurements documented, technicians can recommend cost saving actions to the customer. The Fieldpiece Job Link app makes the job easier, faster, better.
With the mini-split market continuing to grow, these new meters are perfect for getting electrical measurements on mini-splits. The included Molex tips are super thin to get readings on hard to reach circuitry and a low pass filter provides more reliable voltage readings on variable frequency drives (VFDs). Plus, the SC680 also measures DC amps for inverter systems.
"It's easy to receive and document a complete system snapshot by pairing the new meters with our manifolds, wireless scale, and Job Link Probes," said Russ Harju, Product Manager Fieldpiece Instruments. Harju added, "Working as a team, technicians can clearly communicate the health of the system with co-workers and even with the customer! This will help reduce call-backs and increase sales."
Using Power (kW), phase rotation, True RMS, Inrush features, and super thin Molex test leads, the field technician can easily test HVACR electrical equipment. Because these new meters are CAT IV rated at 600 Volts they cover the higher levels of transient overvoltage HVACR professionals may encounter when working on utility service equipment.
A summary of additional benefits and features follows:
- Molex Test Leads SC480 and SC680
- Work efficiently on hard to reach circuitry like mini-split boards.
- Power (kW)
- Help customers understand how much their system is costing in electricity usage.
- Electrical Testing for HVACR
- True RMS readings through the clamp or leads. Capture starting amps with Inrush.
- VFDs voltage accuracy SC480 and SC680
- Low Pass Filter (LPF) to remove noise and get true voltage on VFDs.
- Swivel Head with LED Flashlight SC680
- Open the clamp to illuminate the wire bundle you're hunting.
- Test 3-Phase Power with Only Two Leads SC480 and SC680
- Conveniently test phase rotation without carrying around that extra lead.
- Trusted Dual-Temp SC480 and SC680
- Reliable temperature in fast changing environments. View both temperatures or T1-T2.
- Capacitance SC480 and SC680
- Test motor start and run caps. Determine when a capacitor needs to be replaced.
- Wireless Bluetooth Beacon SC680
- 115' (35 meters) wireless connection direct to mobile device
- Dial Backlight SC680
- Clearly view the dial in low light situations
Included with the clamp meters are:
- SC680 or SC480 Job Link® System Power Clamp Meter
- ATB1 Thermocouple (2x on SC680)
- ADLS2 Silicone Leads
- ASA2 Gator Clip Leads
- ANC7 Padded Case
- RCT2 Molex Tips
For more information about the new clamp meters please visit http://www.fieldpiece.com.