Webcast: Learn How Energy Assets Can: Provide Significant Savings, Generate Revenue, & Maximize ROI. Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 11 AM ET
Employees Desire Smart Office Spaces: Study
Openpath has released the results of its Office Technology Study. Over 25 percent of employees surveyed said access control is the most outdated feature in their office, and 40 percent said they find it difficult or unpleasant to get into their office every day. That’s why Openpath created a new kind of access control that improves everyday experiences by increasing convenience and maintaining the highest level of workplace security and safety.
“In order to provide employees with the workplace experience they want, we must tailor our solutions to address the issues they are facing on a daily basis,” said Alex Kazerani, Openpath’s co-founder and CEO. “Nearly 75 percent of respondents to our survey believe smart office technologies should be implemented to create a better work environment: Openpath’s smart access control technology enables employers to do just that. Our products are designed to offer the ultimate security and convenience, eliminating the headaches and time wasters associated with lost or stolen key cards and forgotten pin codes. Instead, employees need only their smartphone, that doesn’t need to leave their bag or pocket, to unlock doors and easily move around the office.”
Highlights from Openpath’s Office Technology Study:
- 40% of respondents find it difficult or unpleasant to get into their office every day
- Over half of employees think their company access control system could be improved or modernized
- One in three respondents would like to see improvements in their access control system by integrating smart technology
- 36% of respondents believe that smart technology needs to be integrated into their office security protocols, specifically at the office entrance
- One in four people think the most outdated feature in their office is their access control system
- The majority of respondents believe they will be working in a smart office in the next 5 years
- The top benefits people see from working in a smart office include: increased productivity, better work environment and the elimination of hassles from their daily routine
James Segil, co-founder and President of Openpath, said, “The results from Openpath’s Office Technology Study demonstrate the need for smart office security solutions, like Openpath Access, as well as the demand for technology that solves employees’ daily challenges and improves their overall work environment. By creating more effective and efficient offices with smart technology, companies can improve productivity, employee happiness and profit.”
As a company on a mission to improve workplace efficiency and security, Openpath developed the most secure and convenient mobile access control system on the market. With Openpath Access, the company’s flagship product, employees can securely unlock any door in the office using the smartphone that never leaves their pocket. The system automatically authenticates a user’s smartphone as they near the door via LTE, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth, ensuring seamless access and fast door unlocks, regardless of cell service or power outages.