- Maintenance Technician I or II »
- Facilities Support Technician »
- Facility Manager at Colorado Nonprofit! »
- Facilities Maintenance Supervisor »
- Assoc/Senior Eng (5-yr limited term) »
Caster Concepts to Debut Innovative Ergonomic Product Line at ProMat 2015, Taking Aim at Workplace Injuries
Albion, Mich. — Feb. 27, 2015 — Caster Concepts Inc., a leading manufacturer of heavy duty industrial casters and wheels, will unveil its complete line of ergonomic products designed to reduce the leading causes of workplace injuries at ProMat 2015 March 23-26 in Chicago.
Visitors to the Caster Concepts booth (#5244) during the show will be able to test the company's innovative line of premier caster wheels, rigs, and polyurethane tread that significantly reduce exertion and the risk of injuries from over-exertion such as pushing and pulling.
Over-exertion is the leading cause of workplace injuries in the United States, costing businesses more than $15 billion. The Caster Concepts' product line also features a noise-reduction caster, which targets the second leading cause of employee illness in the U.S. — hearing loss.
"With thousands of projects under our belt, we are qualified to offer solutions that make a huge difference for manufacturers and for their employees," said Dr. William Dobbins, president and CEO of Caster Concepts, and a practicing physician for 23 years. "Our clients can move materials efficiently and effectively without fear of injury, which makes employees more effective and productive."
Here's a look at the Caster Concepts ergonomic and health and safety line of products slated for ProMat:
• ErgoMaxx: The newest edition to the Caster Concepts ergonomic line, ErgoMaxx is a rig designed to reduce the amount of push-force required to turn or start rolling when all the wheels are not parallel. The maintenance-free ErgoMaxx will reduce shoulder and back injuries.
• TWERGO: This is a multi-wheel-in-one caster wheel, with a patented face design that reduces energy exerted to start, turn, and continue rolling. Twergo comes with twin or triple wheels that rotate separately, reducing friction when turning, resulting in less force exerted to turn. When tested against conventional caster wheels, TWERGO achieves 25 percent average reduction in initial push force needed to start moving a cart."
• TWERGO Lite: TWERGO Lite is the ultimate 2-inch wide caster. It achieves an average of 25 percent reduction in initial push force on loads totaling 2,600 pounds or less. It takes advantage of the patented face design that the TWERGO wheel offers, but does not have the dual-wheel friction-reducing capabilities or weight capacity of TWERGO. TWERGO Lite is designed to replace the standard 2-inch wide caster and add ergonomic benefits while staying competitively priced.
• ErgoTread: This uniquely designed polyurethane tread returns energy, resulting in less force exerted to begin and continue rolling. This custom formulation also achieves a high resistance to debris, reduces noise, and won't damage most flooring.
• CasterShox: CasterShox casters were created with a patented shock-absorbing technology. Its innovative design integrates the company's patented SHOX absorption system. The design muffles roughly 70 percent of cart noise. This caster also dissipates shock at the source, reducing impact.
At ProMat, Caster Concepts will also feature its state-of-the-art online Caster Configurator search and design tool. The configurator, now online at www.casterconcepts.com, is a free and easy-to-use, menu-driven configuration engine that allows users to select an existing caster or design a custom caster for a specific need. The configurator generates a downloadable 2D/3D CAD model that can be viewed in any browser, with detailed specifications included.
Caster Concepts designs and builds industrial casters and wheels for virtually any application. ISO 9001-2008 certified, Caster Concepts manufactures heavy-duty products to withstand impact, corrosion, temperature extremes, and industrial chemical environments. Caster Concepts' multi-functional casters and wheels provide solutions in industrial, automotive, food service, aerospace, material handling, and many other demanding markets. For more information, visit www.casterconcepts.com.