- Facilities Services Supervisor »
- Facilities Support Specialist »
- HVAC Mechanic/General Maintenance Technician »
- Director, Green Buildings/Systems and Faculty »
- Mechanic (Non-Automotive) »
CEE: Annual Report Shows Continued Record High Levels of Investment
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) released its eleventh Annual Industry Report, which indicates sustained record levels of energy efficiency and demand response investment for customer and environmental benefit.
Ed Wisniewski, CEE Executive Director, offers the following: "Despite ever-increasing cost cutting pressures on utilities and their tremendous record of accomplishment, the results indicate widespread recognition of remaining savings potential. The level of investment is a testament to the strength of utility and state government leadership."
Total expenditures from all funding sources on gas and electric DSM programs in 2015 rose one percent over 2014, rising slightly over $8.7 billion. Highlights of the report include:
- Ratepayers contributed $8.2 billion of the $8.7 billion total. Other sources of funding included wholesale capacity market revenues, the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), and the Weatherization Assistance Program.
- CEE members directed 80 percent of expenditures, nearly $7 billion from all sources, and 79 percent of expenditures from ratepayer funds.
- Electric efficiency programs in the United States and Canada spent $7.3 billion, and natural gas program expenditures were nearly $1.4 billion from all sources.
- Estimated gross savings from electric programs were 29,590 GWh and, from gas programs, 496 million gas therms.