- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- Mechanic, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- HVAC Leadperson - 999921 »
AMAG Technology's Symmetry Access Control System Integrates with Milestone System's XProtect Video Surveillance
Torrance, Calif. — Nov. 18, 2014 – AMAG Technology, a worldwide provider of complete end-to-end security management solutions for access control and video management, has integrated its Symmetry access control system with Milestone Systems’ XProtect IP video surveillance system.
The plug-in is compatible for Symmetry V7.0.1 and V8 for Business, Professional, and Enterprise versions, and for Milestone XProtect Corporate and XProtect Enterprise 2014 versions.
“In continuing our commitment to our customers, AMAG selects best-in-industry partners to align and integrate technologies to offer the best options to our end users,” said AMAG Technology, Senior Product Manager-Video Jim Murray. “The Symmetry integration to Milestone’s XProtect video surveillance system offers end users the best of both worlds — Symmetry’s robust access control with XProtect’s powerful video surveillance.
"Customers demanding an advanced feature set for optimum security performance and functionality will find the integration surpasses security requirements for most markets.”
Reinier Tuinzing, strategic alliance manager, Americas, at Milestone Systems, added, "Milestone is pleased that AMAG continues to be part of the Milestone Solution Partner Program to support the AMAG Symmetry 8 integration with our XProtect 2014 release.
"Customers increasingly request video verification in conjunction with access control events for greater efficiency and visual documentation. When combined with other video-enabled applications like analytics for loitering and people counting, or RFID asset tracking or intrusion detection, our open platform provides even broader security coverage for customers.
The Symmetry / XProtect Corporate and Enterprise v2014 integration delivers many benefits:
• Ease of installation and configuration
• Support for Milestone XProtect status updates and events from Symmetry
• Support for Milestone XProtect analytic events from Symmetry
• View live or recorded video from Symmetry Virtual Matrix and Symmetry interactive Graphics / Mapping feature
• Video tagging via commands sent from the Symmetry Command Center, Trigger Commands and Scheduled Commands
• Video tagging for pre and post-alarms and events
• Video search and full playback of tagged video
• PTZ control of cameras using physical or virtual joystick
• Support for PTZ presets
The Symmetry Security Management System is a solution that provides intelligent networked solutions scaled to manage access control and security management challenges from small, remote facilities to multi-national organizations around the world.
Symmetry offers users the next generation of security solutions, bringing the core aspects of building security to intelligent, unified solutions. The cutting-edge technology within every Symmetry installation ensures tight integration, where there is seamless multi-way communication between the various technologies all on one single platform.