- Maintenance Craftsperson »
- HVAC - System Cleaning - Travel Required »
- Mechanical Lead A »
- Director of Site Operations »
- Facilities Coordinator »
New API for Energy Efficiency Data from Verdigris
Verdigris, an IoT company in the energy sector, has announced a new set of APIs to power smart buildings. The APIs allow customers to integrate energy usage data within their own platforms, and leverage Verdigris' artificial intelligence to deliver meaningful insights from noisy energy data. For building owners and facilities managers, having the right energy data at the correct time creates opportunities to reduce costs and optimize operations. Verdigris APIs are a new way to put highly detailed, device-level data and energy management insights in the hands of customers.
"Advancements in artificial intelligence have evolved our platform to process a bigger data pipeline and bring our technology to as many facilities as we can, eventually transforming the building industry as a whole," says Mark Chung, Verdigris co-founder and CEO. "Our ultimate goal is to create a sustainable planet, and we see AI becoming a connective layer and living entity that can manage and reduce energy from the device level through buildings to smart cities. This set of APIs will help developers easily integrate live energy data into their own solutions to help everyone get closer to that goal."
Facility and property managers can now access data collected by Verdigris' patented hardware and AI. The hardware is installed like a meter on a building's electrical panels monitoring energy use at the device level. This hardware connects to an analytics tool in the cloud through 4G or Wifi. Developers can use these APIs to create a dashboard showing real-time energy usage, power quality, and equipment health.
Specifically, the APIs released today include:
- Energy API: access energy consumption data in increments of minutes, quarter hourly, hourly and daily
- Forecasting API: forecast the electrical demand of a building based on historical data
- Disaggregation API: track device-level energy usage from a single circuit
Verdigris continually adds features to existing products and will release the following APIs in Q4:
- Voltage API: track voltage fluctuations in distribution boards
- Power Factor API: see the ratio of real power used for work and the apparent power supplied to the circuit
- Power Quality API: forecast the electrical network's ability to supply a clean and stable power supply