On Feb. 17, our virtual networking session will cover new employee onboarding and retention best practices
Staffing, supply chain issues and workplace changes are the challenges facing FMs
NEBB announced that the latest edition of its publication ANSI-NEBB Technical Retro-Commissioning of Existing Buildings Standard S120-2016 is an Approved American National Standard, now available for sale in both print and electronic versions.
Technical Retro-Commissioning (RCx) is the process of inspecting, testing, analyzing adjusting and optimizing existing building system to meet the owner’s needs. This publication is ideal not only for those working in the RCx industry but also building owners and managers who wish to understand the minimum acceptable work that should be undertaken for a successful RCx project.
Features of the publication include:
· Required RCx Processes, Procedures, and Documentation
· Identification of Dynamisms for an RCx Process
· Technical RCx Process and Deliverables Overview
· Step-by-step Compendium of Existing Building Optimization for the Professional
· Informative Guide to Developing a Proper RCx Report
· Guide to Quick Fixes vs. Deferred Maintenance Corrections
· Analyzation of Issues · Corrective Actions Recommendations
· Performance Testing and Evaluation
· Continuous Performance Tracking
“NEBB is proud to issue this first ANS-approved Standard and looks forward to working closely with the American National Standards Institute in developing additional ANS-approved NEBB standards for use by our stakeholders,” said NEBB president Jim Kelleher.
An American National Standard is a document that has been sponsored by an ANSI-accredited standards developing organization (SDO) and then approved by ANSI’s Board of Standards Review (BSR) as meeting certain criteria for openness, balance, due process, and consensus in standards development. ANSI’s SDO accreditation and American National Standard approval processes work in tandem to help make standards development in the U.S. an equitable and open process that serves both U.S. business and the public good.