- Custodial Assistant »
- Facilities Technician »
- Implementation Consultants - Multiple Roles »
- Facilities Property Coordinator »
- Facility Maintenance Manager »
Urban Land Institute: Real Estate, Land Use Trends Conference Comes to San Francisco
Aug. 20, 2015 — Get the latest real estate trends, insights, and forecasts at the Urban Land Institute’s (ULI) 2015 Fall Meeting, set for Oct. 5-8, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
With advances in technology affecting every sector of the industry, this prestigious event, taking place in the world’s tech capital, will offer unprecedented access to land use leaders on the cutting edge of urban design and development.
Headlining the event are keynote speakers Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. secretary of state; Brian Chesky, chief executive officer and co-founder of Airbnb; John Stumpf, chairman, president, and chief executive officer of Wells Fargo; and California Gov. Jerry Brown.
In addition, the findings from the 37th Annual Emerging Trends in Real Estate 2016 survey will be discussed during a Wednesday general session on real estate investment and capital markets.
Each day of the meeting will emphasize a separate area of focus:
• Monday, Oct, 5 — Tour Day: Go behind the scenes of some of the greatest real estate and cultural projects in San Francisco. Tours include the headquarters of Facebook and Google, innovative infill projects downtown, transformed office space, creative residential projects, and the transformation of the eastern waterfront.
• Tuesday, Oct, 6 — Leadership Day: Leaders from the real estate industry and beyond will share valuable lessons learned. Focus areas include arts, culture, and entertainment; the convergence of leadership, real estate, and community building; disruption; and sustainability, resilience, and health.
• Wednesday, Oct. 7 — ULI Stan Ross Real Estate Trends Conference and Council Day: Council meeting day and sessions on cutting-edge topics. Sessions will cover trends in every sector of the industry; predictions from top economic and real estate experts; and discussions of how communities are adapting to everything from shifting economies and land use patterns to demographic demands and climate change.
• Thursday, Oct. 8 — Real Estate Deal Day: Real projects with real results. Take a deep dive into lessons learned from actual projects, including residential, retail, mixed-use, and office development; projects reimagining everything from resort areas to manufacturing zones; and the always-popular shark tank sessions where real deals are analyzed in real time.
Real estate session topics include challenges and opportunities presented by technology advancements, demographic shifts, urbanization, changing economic drivers, transportation and other infrastructure needs, and adaptation to climate change.
The meeting will highlight business strategies that reflect innovation by rising stars and experienced professionals in the rapidly evolving industry of the 21st century. And, reflecting the iconic location, the Fall Meeting will include programming specific to San Francisco and Silicon Valley as a perennial favorite for real estate investment and development.
As the largest of the institute’s events and one of the industry’s premier meetings, the annual ULI Fall Meeting routinely draws nearly 7,000 members and guests, including internationally renowned land use experts representing all land use disciplines.
Click here for a full schedule of the Fall Meeting.