« Back to Facilities Management News Home
« Facilities Management
USGBC Event: The Green Codes Landscape in a World of Standards & Rating Systems
The Green Codes Landscape in a World of Standards & Rating Systems (3.5 GBCI & AIA Hours) hosted by the USGBC - Illinois Chapter!
Date: 15 Nov 2011
Time: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Location: CMAP, 233 South Wacker Drive, Suite 800, Chicago
Join the USGBC - Illinois Chapter, the International Code Council, and ASHRAE Illinois for a roundtable program on understanding and implementing green codes and standards in your municipality!
This event is pending approval for 3.5 GBCI CE and AIA CEU hours.
During this program, our speakers will set the stage for how best practices and sustainable outcomes can be driven by a combination of codes, standards and rating systems. This seminar will address synergies and differences between the International Green Construction Code, that includes ASHRAE Standard 189.1, and LEED Rating Systems. Following this overview, panelists will discuss challenges in and the implementation of green codes and standards in towns, villages and cities. In particular, panelists will address the following:
• Interplay between green construction codes and state and local law.
• What green construction code is right for my community or state?
• Green construction code decision making and implementation from start to finish.
After attending this program, attendees will:
• Understand the distinct and complementary roles of green codes, standards and rating systems and the roles each play.
• Identify the issues for considering and deciding on adopting a green construction code including challenges that may be faced and how to address those challenges.
*This program will be repeated in 2012 in other regions in Illinois.
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
Networking and Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM – 9:50 AM
Green Codes Definition & Function - IGCC, ASHRAE 189.1 & LEED
10:00 AM – 10:20 AM
Addressing Building Sustainability through Code before IGCC: A Case in Point
10:20 AM – 11:30 AM
Green Code Planning: A Panel Discussion
11:30 AM – 12:00 PM
• Chris Chwedyk, MFH Associates / The Code Group (moderator)
• Stephen Grossmark, Tressler, LLP (moderator)
• Josh Greenfield, Primera Engineers, Ltd. / ASHRAE Illinois
• Bob Neale, International Code Council
• Sean Ziadeh, KAZ Management of Ann Arbor, LLC
$15 Government/Municipal leaders and staff
$15 Chapter Members
For event fees, online registration and additional information, please click the link below.
More From 10/31/2011 on FacilitiesNet