Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Director of College Facilities »
- Building Services Officer »
- Asst Director of Bldg Operations & Utilities »
- FACILITIES SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN »
- Sr. Director Campus Maintenance & Operations »
Access Control Testing
December 14, 2007 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
I'm Brandon Lorenz, senior editor for Building Operating Management magazine.
When installing or consolidating a new access control system, remember to test each door to make sure the system communicates without gaps.
Security experts recommend testing for nine conditions to make sure the proper level of security is in place. Conditions to test for include:
• Valid card presentation
• Invalid card presentation
• Authorized exit from a secured area
• Door forced open
• Door propped open
• Fire alarm activation
• Power failure
• Network communications failure
• Wiring/communications failure at the door