- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
- Palm Beach State College Opportunities »
- Mgr, Facility Operations & Outsource Contract »
- CCC-Public Works Field Ops Manager »
- Public Works Supervisor - Facilities Maintenance »
Plug into Savings: New Method of Assessing Plug Loads in Health Care
A new monograph from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering describes a study undertaken to address the lack of empirical data on plug loads in healthcare facilities by comparing anticipated design load with energy intensity data. The current method of estimating plug loads ensures the load will not exceed the estimate, but it results in unnecessarily oversized systems and inaccurate energy models, and it leads to missed opportunities for energy-efficiency initiatives and higher life-cycle costs associated with oversized infrastructure.