- Building Assistant »
- Chief Engineer »
- Sr. Facilities Project Manager, Construction »
- Assoc/Senior Eng (5-yr limited term) »
- Facility Manager at Colorado Nonprofit! »
How to Find Proper Drain-Cleaning Equipment
July 29, 2013
To make sure drain-cleaning equipment can handle the most demanding plumbing maintenance tasks in a facility, include answers to these questions in specifications:
- What is the range of pipe inside diameters to be cleaned?
- What power source is required? Electric? Pneumatic? Manual?
- What kinds of fittings are required? Screw-type? Root cutter? Short radius for sharp turns?
- What length cable? 25 feet? 50 feet? Longer?
- Are the proper type backflow preventers specified to protect the potable water supply when using flushing hoses?
Higher flow rates result in faster cleaning of loosened material.