- Facilities Manager »
- Director of Facilities »
- Building Engineer »
- Director, Space Management & Planning »
- Asst. Vice President, Facilities & Operations »
How to Find Proper Drain-Cleaning Equipment
July 29, 2013 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
To make sure drain-cleaning equipment can handle the most demanding plumbing maintenance tasks in a facility, include answers to these questions in specifications:
- What is the range of pipe inside diameters to be cleaned?
- What power source is required? Electric? Pneumatic? Manual?
- What kinds of fittings are required? Screw-type? Root cutter? Short radius for sharp turns?
- What length cable? 25 feet? 50 feet? Longer?
- Are the proper type backflow preventers specified to protect the potable water supply when using flushing hoses?
Higher flow rates result in faster cleaning of loosened material.