- Campus Operations Manager »
- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- Director of Facilities - SFPL »
- Mechanic, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Plumber, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
Look for Green Paint Certifications
October 30, 2009 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
When you’re looking for green paints and coatings, look to the labels or manufacturer Web sites for third-party green certifications. There are three main certifications. Green Seal focuses on VOC levels. It also evaluates chemicals used in the manufacturing process and develops its standards in a public forum. Greenguard certification focuses on indoor air quality. Paint is tested by placing a sample in a chamber where purified air blown across it. The air is then measured for VOCs as it leaves the chamber. The Master Painters Institute certification develops green performance standards that take into account both a paint’s environmental attributes and its performance.