Facilities Manager - Facilities Management Job Post
Type: full time
Apply at: https://oklahomacitybotanicalgardens.com/
About Myriad Gardens
Myriad Botanical Gardens is one of Oklahoma City’s most beautiful and vibrant destinations offering visitors a 15-acre natural escape in the heart of downtown. Free and open to the public, the outdoor spaces include Park House Event Center, ornamental gardens, a children’s garden and playground, Great Lawn, lake, an off-leash dog park, water features including splash fountains for children and walking and jogging paths. Seasonal attractions include a winter ice rink and outdoor café.
The centerpiece of the Myriad is the Crystal Bridge Conservatory, home to thousands of beautifully displayed tropical and desert plantings. The Crystal Bridge also includes a visitor center, classroom, offices and event rental spaces.
Plans, organizes and manages operations and staff of the Facilities Management Division to ensure a safe experience at the Myriad. Responsible for the maintenance, repair and upkeep of all buildings and equipment, facilities, grounds, maintenance operations; which includes prioritizing needs and managing staff to accomplish the work. Duties also include developing short-and-long-term planning, managing contracts for maintenance services by outside vendors, recommending changes and establishing organization priorities. Ensures adherence to safe work practices and facility modifications in compliance with the ADA. Evaluates assigned staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Schedules, plans, organizes and manages staff responsible for maintenance, repair and upkeep of buildings and facilities.
• Manages and monitors custodial care for buildings, facilities, grounds and properties.
• Prioritizes, assigns, manages and quality assesses facilities needs and requirements entered through Myriad’s facilities online work order management system.
• Manage all equipment/facility Preventative Maintenance work and documentation via the online PM software system.
• Coordinates with other departments to arrange a timeline for completion and scheduling work assignments, especially for public events and private event rentals.
• Ensures compliance with applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
• Develops policies and procedures for building maintenance functions, maintenance and custodial services.
• Manages contracts for services provided by outside vendors.
• Coordinates procurement of services, equipment, supplies and materials.
• Prepares and completes various forms, reports, correspondence, purchase orders, budget documents, plans, records and presentations.
• Reads and interprets construction drawings, blueprints, codes and specs.
• Resolves construction-related concerns, disputes and compliance issues.
• Installs and assists with software, applications, and computer systems to resolve issues and optimize functionality.
• Maintain all water features on the grounds, including chemical testing.
• Coordinate all hardscape areas to maintain a safe environment.
Maintenance team, Lead Custodian, Ambassador Supervisor and their direct reports as well as contract labor employees.
Education and/or Experience
• Requires working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and technical expertise or trade. Bachelor’s degree is not mandatory, but strongly preferred.
• Five years progressively responsible experience in facilities, building systems and maintenance, grounds maintenance and custodial services with three years of supervisory experience.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements
• Excellent computer skills including word processing; MS Office and Excel.
• Experience in use of standard office equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid driver’s license.
• Trade licenses/certifications preferred.
• Ability to obtain a swimming pool/bathing place operator license.
• EPA Universal refrigerant license preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required
• Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read codes, blueprints, reports and general correspondence.
• Ability to perform math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as well as basic algebra.
• Ability to estimate, write reports, create material lists, and general correspondence.
• Planning responsibilities include scheduling meetings with other departments, estimating material, labor costs and time of completion.
• Researches information for documents, compiles data, and/or enters or oversees data entry and has responsibility for monitoring budget expenditures (typically non-discretionary expenditures) for a work unit.
• Work requires supervising and monitoring performance for a group of employees in a work unit including providing input on hiring/disciplinary actions and work objectives/effectiveness, and realigning work as needed.
• Analysis and judgment in accomplishing diversified duties.
• Exercise independent thinking within the limits of policies, standards and precedents.
• Position contacts others inside and outside of the organization.
• May be involved in decision-making or providing approval authority for purchases or projects. In addition, these incumbents work with individuals who may belong to professional organizations.
• Working with various state and federal agencies required. Coordinate with vendors and suppliers for information on purchases, supplies or products.
• Knowledge of various software, systems and applications.
• Conduct meetings and discussions with customers, brokers and sales representatives.
• The ability to work outdoors in all seasons.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Respond to all emergencies.
• Ability to adjust to frequent changing priorities.
• Ability to work some evenings/weekends, if needed.
• Ability to be on call 24/7/365.
• Perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Working collaboratively as part of a team to accomplish goals.
The employee will work in both an office and botanical gardens environment. Subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts and chemicals. Some locations visited during the course of executing job duties may not be wheelchair accessible; outdoor work is mandatory in various weather conditions.
• Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
• Subject to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts and chemicals.
• Exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
Eligible for health, dental, life insurance, vision, long-term disability, voluntary life, accident coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Careers@myriadgardens.org. You will be contacted only if you are considered for an initial phone or in-person interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Employer does not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Apply at: https://oklahomacitybotanicalgardens.com/