- Associate Director for Custodial, Grounds »
- Campus Facilities Planner »
- Building Engineer »
- Building Automation Systems Manager »
- Building Automation System Engineer (BAS) »
Building Engineer - Facilities Management Job Post
Type: full time
Apply at: email@example.com
Under the Supervising Building Engineer’s direction, repairs and maintenance to bothstationary and mobile equipment on and off the Temple grounds. Acts on behalf of the Building Engineer in their absence provide department support as needed, and must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. This position offers full-time, hourly non-exempt.
- Must have the ability to perform skilled and semi-skilled mechanical maintenance and repairs (not requiring permits) to the physical plant and equipment.
- Ability to deal with the complexity of mechanical, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry, HVAC, painting, plastering, electronics, kitchen equipment, and other cleaning equipment
- Ensure conformity with all related health and safety and other applicable laws, including Covid Protocol.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock
- Inspects and reports on damage or malfunctioning of components in the building and makes necessary adjustments or repairs throughout the day
- The flexibility of schedule; including daytime, evening, and weekends
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and various work requests
- Interfaces with appropriate regulatory agencies in the absence of the Facilities Director or Building Engineer
- Interfaces with the different department throughout the temple, including schools and Clergy to fulfill maintenance or repair requests
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices; participating in possible educational opportunities and professional development
- Oversees special projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of two years of related experience or trade school training with a focus on building operations
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write routine reports and posts.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from other departments, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to understand the sequence of operations as well as problem-solving. This position also requires basic analytical skills.
Assistant Engineer Additional Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information, General Math Skills, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Drafting, Attention to Detail, Innovation.
Essential Physical Tasks:
Must be able to lift/carry between 50 to 100lbs occasionally. Must be agile and able to stand, bend, stoop, reach, climb stairs and ladders into the inner and outer domes of the temple, and walk intermittently.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org