- Intern - Facilities & Fleet Maintenance »
- Plumber and Steamfitter »
- Facilities Services Supervisor »
- HVAC Mechanic/General Maintenance Technician »
- Facilities Support Specialist »
Maintain Filters for Good IAQ
November 30, 2010 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
Part of maintaining good indoor air quality involves inspecting, cleaning or replacing filters at a proper interval. For the best system operation and lowest operating cost, replace your filters at the proper time. Think about the following guidelines when developing your filter maintenance plan.
- Verify allowable system filter resistance.
- Check manufacturer’s recommended final resistance.
- Check filter resistance regularly and maintain a log.
- Clean plenum floors with every filter change.
- Replace defective or damaged filters at once.
- Check gaskets to avoid dirty air bypass.
outsourcing, senior management, corporate culture