- Maintenance Assistant (Atlanta, GA) »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- Director of Facilities, Quinault Beach Resort »
- Engineer - Costa Mesa, CA »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
N.Y. Conventus Building Gets LEED Platinum Designation
September 1, 2015 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
Conventus, a center for collaborative medicine on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus in Buffalo, N.Y., has been awarded LEED Platinum certification for core and shell by the U.S. Green Building Council.
The 350,000-square-foot seven-story building houses clinical, office, research and retail space.
Design features include:
• More than 50 percent of building materials manufactured from recycled material
• The diversion of more than 80 percent of project construction waste from landfills
• Low-flow plumbing fixtures that save more than 500,000 gallons of water annually
• A 12,000-square-foot green roof with drought-tolerant plants that reduce stormwater runoff and energy use for cooling
For more healthcare news, visit Healthcare Facilities Today.