- Director of Facilities, Safety & Operations »
- Facilities Management Director »
- AVP, Facilities Mgmt and Capital Planning »
- Facilities Technician II »
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic II »
Hospitals recognized for energy savings
More than 20 hospitals have earned an Energy to Care Award for their work to slash energy use, reduce operational costs and free up more resources for patient care. The American Society for Healthcare Engineering recognized the hospitals’ efforts at its recent 52nd Annual Conference and Technical Exhibition in Boston.
The Energy to Care program, sponsored by Johnson Controls, encourages hospitals across the country to reduce their energy consumption by 10 percent or more over their baseline energy consumption. Since 2009, hospitals participating in the Energy to Care program have tracked more than $67 million in energy savings.
The following hospitals were recognized
• Carolinas HealthCare System Behavioral Health-Charlotte, Charlotte, N.C.
• Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge Morganton, Morganton, N.C.
• Carolinas HealthCare System Lincoln, Lincolnton, N.C.
• Carolinas HealthCare System Pineville, Charlotte, N.C.
• CaroMont Regional Medical Center, Gastonia, N.C.
• Indiana Regional Medical Center, Indiana, Pa.
• Excela Health Latrobe Hospital, Latrobe, Pa.
• Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, Pa.
• Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Plaza 3, Houston, Texas
• Memorial Hermann Northeast Medical Plaza 1, Humble, Texas
• Memorial Hermann Prevention and Recovery Center, Houston, Texas
• Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital, Houston, Texas
• Memorial Hermann Southwest Heart and Vascular Institute, Houston, Texas
• Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Medical Plaza 1, Sugar Land, Texas
• Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Plaza 2, The Woodlands, Texas
• Memorial Hermann TIRR, Houston, Texas
• Mercy Hospital Lebanon, Lebanon, Mo.
• Midland Memorial Hospital, Midland, Texas
• Swedish Covenant Hospital, Chicago, Ill.
• UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital, Gainesville, Fla.
• UF Health Shands Psychiatric/Rehab Hospital, Gainesville, Fla.
• UW Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, Wis.
For more healthcare facility news, visit HealthcareFacilitiesToday.com