- Facility Engineering Manager »
- Gen. Mngr. Fac. Mngmt. Oklahoma City »
- Director, Space Management & Planning »
- Assistant Director- Commercial Residential »
- Building Engineer »
Alignment, Analytics and Aggregation Can Boost Energy Savings
January 5, 2018 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
As hospitals must change their operations and planning in response to difficult market conditions, energy supply management should keep pace, according to an article on the Health Facilities Management website.
Three best practices, known as the “3A’s,” can help with better energy planning:
• Alignment. Professionals from other departments can offer value in energy procurement.
• Analytics. This means employing the same kind of analytics and risk-management tools used to manage the hospital’s insurance risk or its treasury portfolio.
• Aggregation. The benefits of larger aggregations include lower supplier margins and access to the best products, pricing and contracts available.
This Quick Read was submitted by Cathryn Jakicic, Healthcare Industries Editor, FacilitiesNet. For about hospital campuses and other medical facilities, visit https://www.facilitiesnet.com/healthcarefacilities.