- Assistant Chief Facilities Officer (Buses) »
- Corporate Leader- Planning, Design and Con. »
- Director of Building Operations »
- Town of Littleton Facilities Manager »
- FACILITIES PROJECT COORDINATOR »
Know Where to Put Soundmasking
soundmasking, acoustics, interiors May 5, 2009
Some facility executives might think that installing soundmasking in someplace like a conference room would be beneficial in order to block sound coming from adjacent spaces. I would do that. However, the collaborative work that goes on in space like a conference room would be hindered by background noise like soundmasking. Occupants at opposite ends of the room may not be able to hear each other clearly, and speech may be garbled. In this case, the negatives of soundmasking would outweigh the benefits.