- Associate Director, Libraries Facilities »
- Building Engineer - American Red Cross in NYC »
- Intern - Facilities & Fleet Maintenance »
- Director, Green Buildings/Systems and Faculty »
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance Manager »
Fostering a Collaborative Work Environment
January 4, 2008 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
Creating a collaborative work environment for facility occupants may be at the top of an organization’s priority list. Spaces that foster creativity and collaboration can increase productivity and occupant satisfaction.
To create a successful collaborative environment, be sure to have a flexible IT infrastructure, space that is comfortable in acoustics, ergonomics and lighting, access to fresh air and natural light, and a wide variety of different types of meeting environments, such as meeting tables, couches, and stand-up work areas. New technologies, such as interactive whiteboards, collaborative software and videoconferencing equipment will also encourage collaboration.