- Corporate Leader- Planning, Design and Con. »
- FACILITIES PROJECT COORDINATOR »
- Building Services Supervisor (Evening shift) »
- General Trades Supervisor »
- Assistant Chief Facilities Officer (Buses) »
Taking the Heat Out of Fire
clean agent, fire suppression January 26, 2009
But what does that mean? To a layperson, that means that the molecular structure of halocarbons chemically reacts with other molecules whenever a fire is present, chemically destroying the propagation of flames.
The molecular structure of gaseous halocarbons breaks down at high temperatures. This breakdown allows halogen atoms to combine with active hydrogen atoms, chemically extinguishing a fire.
Look at Green Building Needs When Planning BAS
Building Automation, LEED-EB certification, Green Design, IAQ, Energy