- Mechanic, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Plumber, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Campus Operations Manager »
- Space Management Specialist »
- Director of Facilities - SFPL »
NEMA Warns of Unlisted Smoke Alarms
The National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) is warning managers to be aware of using unlisted smoke alarms offered by online retailers. Normally, electrical products are tested and certified (i.e., listed) according to specific standards to ensure products function properly and safely. Smoke alarms must be listed to U.L. 217 Standard for Smoke Alarms to be legally installed in a building. This is in accordance with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code. Click here for more information.