An array of regional and national speakers will present the latest concepts in facility management at the inaugural Facilities Midwest Expo Conference & Expo, taking place Sept. 19 and 20 in Rosemont, Ill.
“Facilities Midwest offers attendees the opportunity to learn about national facility trends and evaluate how they will affect properties in the Midwest,” says Wendy Loerch, director of education for the event. “What’s more, the range of topics — from energy to wireless technologies to career development — provides a comprehensive educational menu for all levels of facility professionals.”
Sessions on Tuesday, Sept. 19 include:
- B. Alan Whitson, president, Corporate Realty, Design & Management Institute, Portland, Ore., on “Getting the Money: How to Build a Business Case for Funding Projects.”
- Timothy J. Dickson, senior project manager, American Consulting, Inc., Indianapolis, on “Effective Water Infiltration Investigations.”
- Scott Kriner, The Metal Initiative, Glenview, Ill., on “Cool Roofing.”
- Jeff Raimo, product manager, Siemens Building Technologies, Buffalo Grove, Ill., on “New Wireless Technologies: Real World Applications.”
- Howdy Russell, director of mitigation services, Paul Davis National, Milwaukee, on “Emergency Planning.”
- Rich Goulet, Goulet & Associates, Inc., Naperville, Ill., on “HVAC: Brady Bunch or CSI Miami?”
Sessions on Wednesday, Sept. 20, include:
- Stormy Friday, president, The Friday Group, Annapolis, Md., on “The Power of Service-Level Agreements to Build Strategic Relationships.”
- Clay Kline, vice president services group, Maximus, Inc., Reston, Va., on “Using Mobile Computing to Improve Maintenance Operations.”
- Jim D’Orazio, president, Vista Advantage, Munster, Ind., on “Driving Change: The Consultant Role in Adding Value to the Facility.”
- Kris Bagadia, president, PEAK Industrial Solutions, Brookfield, Wis., on “Advanced Topics in CMMS.”
- John Studebaker, PhD, president, Studebaker Energy Consulting LLC, Lexington, Ky., on “Managing Energy Accounts for Cost Savings.”
- Neil Pilaar, director of global sales, AERCO International, Inc., Northvale, N.J., on “Thermal Efficiency Demystified”
- John A. Balzer, vice president, facility & planning development, F&CH, Froedtert & Community Memorial, Milwaukee, on “The Role of Facilities in Meeting the Health Care Mission.”
Solutions Exchange offers ‘speed learning’
Building owners, facility managers and maintenance decision makers will have the opportunity to meet directly with experts on specific topics that affect the facilities management industry in the Midwest at Solutions Exchange — a recently-announced round-robin style networking session that will be held at Facilities Midwest Expo from 7:45 a.m. to 8:50 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 20.
Solutions Exchange will offer decision makers the opportunity to network, share experiences and trouble shoot specific facilities management issues with their peers. The discussions will be led by experts who will facilitate the idea exchange on industry topics including HVAC performance benchmarks, security system integration, water conservation, energy services and more. Participants can take part in up to three different discussions, each 20 minutes long.
“We’re excited to bring this innovative educational format to the Facilities Midwest show,” said Wendy Loerch, director of education for Facilities Midwest. “Our attendees will have unparalleled access to information that can help make an immediate difference in the operation and efficiency of their facilities.”