- Building Maintenance Engineer »
- Director of Facilities Planning »
- Facilities Maintenance Technician III »
- Facilities Operations and Maintenance Sup. »
- Facilities and Maintenance Technician »
Legionnaires' Cases at Healthcare Facility
Two cases of Legionnaires' disease have been confirmed at Phoebe Richland Health Care Center in Richlandtown, Pa., according to WFMZ. Water samples have been taken from different tap waters and shower heads, but the results will not be available for a few weeks" a facility official says.
The two individuals came from two area hospitals. One was diagnosed on Jan. 2, and the other was diagnosed on Jan. 5. One of the residents has died due to multiple contributing health factors, the official says.
The health care center is working with the state’s department of health to identify the possible source of the legionella and has engaged an outside vendor to conduct specialized water testing beyond its annual testing