- Ca. Dept. Of Public Health- Chief Engineer II »
- Custodial Assistant »
- Director of Central Clearance Unit »
- Admin Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds »
- Building Maintenance Mechanic I »
Hurricane Michael: Preparation and Recovery Resources
October 10, 2018 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
Hurricane Michael has strengthened to a Category 2 hurricane as it heads toward Florida’s Gulf Coast, according to WFTS-TV. Facility managers in institutional and commercial facilities in its path now need to prepare for high winds, heavy rains and major destruction. They also are assessing their facilities’ plans related to preparing for and recovering from a hurricane.
Government agencies and industry associations are offering managers a host of resources designed to help facilities safely and effectively recover and return to operation as quickly as possible. Here is a sampling of these resources:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers resources for preparation and recovery , as well as general info on dealing with natural disasters and severe weather.
- The Energy Information Administration is marking real-time energy disruptions resulting from the hurricane.
- The Federal Emergency Management Administration offers up-to-date resources and information on the federal response to Hurricane Florence.
- The National Energy Management Association is offering a storm reconstruction toolkit.
- The National Fire Protection Association provides information on electrical safety during and after a hurricane.
- The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health provides links to information about hazards associated with storm and flood cleanup.
- The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration offers a range of resources on hurricane preparation and response.