- Intern - Facilities & Fleet Maintenance »
- Facilities Services Supervisor »
- Plumber and Steamfitter »
- Career Opportunity- Maximize Your HVAC Skills »
- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
Groups Cooperate to Promote Resilient Buildings
Leaders of the design and construction industry, along with building owners and operators, for the first time have agreed to incorporate resilience in planning, building-materials selection, design, construction and operations to make the nation’s aging infrastructure safer and more secure. Resilience is defined as the ability to prepare and plan for, absorb, recover from and more successfully adapt to adverse events. They also committed the industry to educating itself through continuous learning; to advocating for effective land use policies; to responding to disasters alongside first responders; and to planning for future events, with a strategy for fast recovery.