- Operating Engineer »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- Foreign Service Facility Manager »
- Facilities Utility Specialist »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
Water-cooled Chiller - Daikin Applied - Facility Management Product Release
Navigator is a screw compressor water-cooled chiller engineered with Variable Volume Ratio (VVR) technology. Built on Daikin Applied innovation—VVR technology and water-cooled technology—Navigator's efficiencies meet or exceed ASHRAE 90.1-2016 levels and IPLV as low as 0.36. Navigator’s single VFD-driven screw compressor brings new levels of performance to applications that aren’t suited to traditional centrifugal chillers or magnetic bearing solutions.
VVR compression technology senses the precise amount of lift needed and adjusts the compression ratio on the fly to deliver optimal efficiency, regardless of ambient temperature or time of day. With VVR technology, customers don’t pay for overcompression, and get exactly the lift needed.
No two buildings are alike and no two days serve up the same climate conditions, so engineers need technology with the flexibility and intelligence to help them design an HVAC solution optimized for any day or hour. Daikin’s portfolio addresses that customer need whether the system design calls for a water-cooled (Navigator) or air-cooled (Pathfinder) chiller.
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation