Variable Speed Air Handler - Johnson Controls Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
The York Affinity variable-speed air handler is equipped with an electronically commutated motor (ECM). Unlike standard blower motors, the ECM offers continuous gradual fan speed changes and ensures longer operating cycles.
The air handler is almost 24 times quieter than conventional single-speed air handlers, according to the company, while the variable-speed motors use less energy than a 100-watt light bulb, compared to about 500 watts for a standard motor.
The units include a 5 year limited parts warranty.
- In California, 2024 Looms Large for Facility Managers
- Alternative Refrigerants: What Can Facility Managers Do?
- Forever Changed: The Pandemic's True Influence on Buildings
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation