Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Vacuum Excavators Tackle Site Cleanup - Ditch Witch - Facility Management Product Release
Ditch Witch, a Charles Machine Works Company, enhanced its lineup of vacuum excavators with the trailer-mounted FX65 and truck-mounted FXT65 models for increased productivity on the job site. The new models offer unrivaled performance compared to other machines on the market today.
“As the most productive Ditch Witch models, these machines are the new workhorses of vacuum excavators. The power to tackle tasks, such as potholing and site cleanup, is combined with one of the lowest investments on the market,” says Jason Proctor, product manager, vacuum excavation systems for the Ditch Witch organization. “Compared to previous models, the FX65 and FXT65 vacuum excavators have 20 percent more airflow, equating to higher productivity and greater efficiency for our customers.”
Turbocharged with a 74-hp (55-kW) Deutz Tier 4 diesel engine and 1,215 cfm (34.4 m3/min), these units are designed to optimize airflow for the highest performance output. Offering exceptional suction and water pressure, the vacuum excavators can handle sizeable cleanup jobs, larger excavations and potholing. In addition, an auxiliary hydraulic power system enables a variety of tools from impact wrenches to jackhammers.
The FX65 model is available as a trailer-mounted unit. The FXT65 is integrated into a truck chassis. These versatile systems are equipped with excellent water excavation capabilities, and a high-powered air excavation system is also offered on the FXT65 Air model.
Further improving versatility, tank options for the trailer-mounted FX65 include 500-, 800- or 1,200-gallon vacuum tanks and 200-, 300- or 500-gallon water tanks. Tank options for the FXT65 truck vacuum include 500- or 800-gallon vacuum tanks and 200- or 400-gallon water tanks. The truck-mounted FXT65 provides power in a compact package, increasing mobility and maneuverability on any job site.
These units lead the industry in quiet operation at 82 dBA. A larger silencer further reduces noise for minimal disturbance in noise-sensitive areas and improves operator comfort. In addition, the machines offer several optional features – such as wireless boom, water heater and reverse flow – to meet the needs of a customers’ ever-changing job site.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- Getting The Most Out of Irrigation Systems
- Landscapes and Integrated Pest Management
- Environmentally Friendly Practices and Their Impact on Landscapes
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today