- Facilities Operations & Maintenance Manager »
- Director of Facilities »
- Plumber and Steamfitter »
- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
- Director, Green Buildings/Systems and Faculty »
VRF System Designed to Maximize HVAC Efficiency - York - Facility Management Product Release
The variable refrigerant flow (VRF) system delivers refrigerant at variable rates to satisfy demand of a space. It uses inverter technology to modulate the voltage and frequency of power supplied to compressors. The VRF features Hitachi compressors and is available in a 2-pipe system that works as a heat pump, able to heat or cool, and a three-pipe system that acts as a heat recovery system, heating and cooling simultaneously. Use of both constant-speed and variable-speed compressors maximizes efficiency and is complemented by energy modeling and selection tools to measure and compare VRF to other HVAC technologies.
- 4 HVAC Strategies to Still Protect Against COVID-19
- Pandemic Shines Spotlight on VRF
- How to Choose the Proper Filter for Packaged Rooftop Units
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation