VRF Ceiling Cassette - Mitsubishi Electric - Facility Management Product Release
The CITY MULTI ceiling cassette indoor unit features the 3D i-see Sensor (PLFY-EP-NEMU-E). The 3D i-see Sensor is a small, yet powerful component mounted to the exterior panel of the ceiling cassette. The sensor continuously analyzes the thermal profile of a room, identifying cool and warm spots. To achieve an accurate thermal profile, it performs hundreds of circular scans, with multiple points per scan, continuously monitoring a given space.
When a room is occupied, the 3D i-see Sensor scans and identifies heat signatures and applies cool or warm air as needed throughout the space. For maximum personalized comfort, this feature may be customized to direct the unit to deliver air toward or away from the occupants. In an unoccupied room, the sensor automatically adjusts the temperature levels and may also be customized to switch to an energy efficiency mode.
The indoor unit is available in capacities ranging from 8,000 Btu/h to 48,000 Btu/h. Additional features include:
• Automatic setback based on occupancy detection
• 3D turbo fan enabling increased airflow
• Four fan speed settings including auto-fan
• Ventilation air intake supported
Additionally, the PLFY showcases an updated square-edge design.
- Understanding Options for HVAC Technician Training
- Cleaning Strategies for Healthy Workplaces During Coronavirus Pandemic
- How To Build Buy-In for HVAC Training
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation