Alerts and timely updates on education and technologies to help facilities management professionals
System Performs Pneumatic HVAC Fault Diagnostics - Cypress Envirosystems - Facility Management Product Release
SMARTPneumatics, a fault diagnostics system for pneumatic HVAC terminal units, uses the data provided by Cypress’s Wireless Pneumatic Thermostat (WPT) to automatically identify and prioritize faults so operators can ensure their buildings perform optimally over time. SMARTPneumatics can identify faults such as stuck actuators, damper oscillation, undersized heating or cooling capacity, need for calibration, and pneumatic infrastructure problems such as leaks.
Pneumatic thermostats are in 70 percent of buildings and provide no data, so they cannot be included in traditional fault diagnostics system. This means that faults go undetected, maintenance is more difficult, energy is wasted, and occupants are not as comfortable as they should be.
The WPT has made it cost effective and easy to retrofit pneumatic thermostats to digital controls. For the first time, the WPT and SMARTPneumatics make it possible for pneumatic terminal units to be monitored.
- A New Deal For Buildings
- 8 Important Benefits of Networked Lighting Controls
- Boiler Controls: Keep Safety Top of Mind
- Alarm Fatigue: FDD Failure At Cleveland Fertility Clinic Has Devastating Results
- Analytics, Fault Detection Improve Building Automation Capabilities
- Arizona State University Invests in the Internet of Things