- Director of Facilities »
- Plumber and Steamfitter »
- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
- Mechanic (Non-Automotive) »
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance Manager »
Software Leverages BIM in Building Operations - Planon - Facility Management Product Release
Facility managers have a great opportunity to leverage the technology and data associated with a BIM project. Planon Connect for BIM is a unique solution that provides a bidirectional data exchange between a BIM and the Planon Universe IWMS platform to ensure consistent and relevant re-use of information for building operations, including processes like maintenance, space, portfolio, and contract management. This eliminates the traditional information loss between the construction and operation phase and maximizes the effective use of the BIM during a building’s full lifecycle.
Data exchange between Planon Connect for BIM and the Planon Universe is based on the industry standard COBieLite, a structured XML-based file format. This exchange allows users to work, plan, and make changes in both platforms simultaneously. Planon Connect for BIM also includes a Revit add-in that supports the preparation and structuring of floors, spaces, and assets in the BIM, as well as visualization aspects.
- How to Use Internet of Things Technology to Prevent Water Damage
- 5 Steps to Solve the Puzzle of an Aging BAS
- Managing Data and Energy Use During the Pandemic
- Alarm Fatigue: FDD Failure At Cleveland Fertility Clinic Has Devastating Results
- Analytics, Fault Detection Improve Building Automation Capabilities
- Arizona State University Invests in the Internet of Things