- Implementation Consultants - Multiple Roles »
- Temporary Facilities Coordinator »
- Public Works Supervisor - Facilities Maintenance »
- Facilities Technician »
- DEPUTY FACILITIES DIRECTOR »
Simulation Software - Flomerics - Facility Management Product Release
Flovent software from Flomerics reduces the time and skill required to simulate complex ventilation problems. SmartParts for the company’s Flovent software improves accuracy in simulating the performance of diffusers. SmartParts models can simply be dropped into a Flovent model and require only commonly available data for the diffuser such as outside dimensions, flow rate and temperature data.
SmartParts for displacement, square ceiling, round ceiling, vortex ceiling, and grille diffusers are based on the momentum method developed by researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The momentum method de-couples momentum and mass flow in the CFD simulations from the room airflow. This method uses the initial momentum and mass flow rate from a diffuser as boundary conditions for the diffusers. The company has also introduced a drum louvre diffuser SmartPart.
Flovent provides tools that allow users to assemble models from libraries, avoiding the need to create them from scratch. Automated gridding and distributed processing across networks streamlines the process of evaluating multiple iterations to optimize the design.
- 7 Factors in Considering Whether to Repair or Replace Boilers
- Filtration and Ventilation Strategies for the COVID-19 Era
- Adsorbent Air Cleaning: A New Way To Think About Ventilation
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation