- Facilities Maintenance Supervisor »
- Facilities Support Technician »
- Building Assistant »
- Assoc/Senior Eng (5-yr limited term) »
- Facility Manager at Colorado Nonprofit! »
Sectional Drain Cleaner Offers Strength and Flexibility During Tough Jobs - General Pipe Cleaners - Facility Management Product Release
The Model 88™ clears 200-foot drain lines of tree roots, and other stubborn stoppages.
It is as easy to use as a lawn mower. Users simply connect one end of the cable to the front of the machine and put the other end into the drain, then stand behind the unit and turn it on. The cable corkscrews itself into the line.
The unit features a powerful ¾-horsepower, heavy-duty motor as standard equipment. It drives a 3.5-to-1 ratio gear head to give the machine plenty of power to handle difficult jobs. The machine also has a longer steel frame to protect the drive coupling, and a larger front wheel for easier handling on rough terrain.
The unit spins 8- to 10-foot, quick-coupling cable sections at distances of 200 feet or greater in 3- to 10-inch lines. General’s patented no-wrench cable drive coupler enables the operator to attach cables faster. The cables self-feed, while the operator stands safely behind the machine as the cables screw into the line.
“This drain cleaner offers an excellent mix of strength and flexibility, making it ideal for difficult jobs,” says Marty Silverman, vice president of marketing, General Pipe Cleaners. “Model 88 makes drain cleaning easier all the way around.”
General Pipe Cleaners also offers both chain- and spring-reinforced cables for the unit. The chain combines strength and flexibility, while the inner spring can handle greater torque on long difficult jobs. Extra space sections are also available.
Standard equipment for the machine includes a safety clutch, air-actuated power switch, ground fault circuit interrupter, folding handle, steel base, 10-inch wheels and cable-feeding tool.
- Waterless Urinal FAQ: All You Wanted To Know And More About Waterless Urinals
- Touchless Options to Increase in Restrooms
- Facilities Focus on Hygiene in Restroom Upgrades
- Overcoming Renovation Challenges to Deliver Upgraded Restrooms
- ‘Super Flush’ Tests Baseball Stadium’s New Restroom Facilities
- Accessibility and Restroom Renovations
- Accessibility and Restrooms