Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Room-Less Elevator Offers Sustainable Solution for 2-3 Story Buildings - Schindler Elevator Corp. - Facility Management Product Release
Providing a sustainable and cost-effective solution for two- to three-story buildings, Schindler Elevator Corporation introduced its Schindler 3100 machine room-less traction elevator. The Schindler 3100 is an MRL specifically designed to replace hydraulic elevators for the low-rise commercial market in the U.S. Easy to order, simple to install, with space and energy savings and a smooth, quiet performance, the Schindler 3100 is the cost-effective choice for today’s two- to three-story buildings.
The Schindler 3100 is designed to allow for more usable building and design space by eliminating the need for a machine room or a control closet. It fits seamlessly into the footprint of a hydraulic elevator design, yet provides the smooth, quiet operation of traction technology. In addition, Schindler 3100 cabs are on average 5% larger than the average MRL cab. The system is delivered to the building site in one complete shipment allowing accelerated lead times and quick installation.
The Schindler 3100 offers a sleek Italian cab design and finishes to fit any style or building décor.
“The Schindler 3100 is truly optimized for two- or three-story buildings,” says Bill Fiacco, senior vice president, New Installations at Schindler in North America. “Its advanced energy-saving design is significantly eco-friendlier than hydraulic elevator alternatives. With economy, performance and sustainability as the driving force, the system is quite mindful of the needs of architects, general contractors and passengers alike.”
Eco-friendly, efficient features
● Gearless machine designed to save energy
● Stable start uses energy more efficiently and reduces electric costs
● Frequency converter with emergency evacuation allows elevator to return safely to nearest floor in the event of a building power outage
● Controls automatically switch car lights to standby mode to save energy
● Car panel and floor indicators all operate with low power, LED lights
● Multi-bus control architecture reduces cabling, material and waste
● Smart controls provide more efficient passenger transportation
● Car lighting equipped with energy-efficient lamps
● Door drive with standby mode uses less electricity
In addition, each Schindler 3100 is equipped with Schindler Direct, a proactive maintenance tool that monitors the system 24/7 and helps return equipment to service up to 22% faster than traditional troubleshooting methods. A potential outage can be remotely noted and locally addressed before the building is affected.
- Eliminating In-Cab Elevator Controls
- Maintenance Tips For Elevator Controls
- What The Elevator Code Says About Fires
- Making Elevator Modernization Decisions
- Evaluating Existing Elevator System
- Retrofitting Elevators for Energy Efficiency: Pros and Cons
- 10 Steps to Prepare Elevators for Hazardous Weather
- AC Motors One Way to Cut Elevators’ Energy Use
- Are Elevators the Next Smart Items for Facility and Maintenance Managers?